Being a coach at CrossFit Bold has it perks!
Recently Coach Stuart and I have been treated to a taste of these amazing Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, sexy tasting bars. Knocked up by Liam and Helen, these bad boys need to be experienced by the world:
200 g bar of creamed coconut
6 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. raw honey
1½ tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
150 g desiccated coconut
200 g (85% cocoa solids) dark chocolate
- Line a 20 cm square tin with baking parchment. In cold weather, place the unopened packet of creamed coconut in a bowl of warm water to melt it through (you can massage the packet to help it along). In warm weather, the creamed coconut will already be fluid enough.
- When it’s soft all the way through, pour into a bowl and mix in the coconut oil (it will melt if it’s hard), raw honey, vanilla, salt and 2–4 tablespoons water if you like a softer centre.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut evenly to create a doughy consistency.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin. Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon to make it level and set in the fridge for 15 minutes until hard.
- Turn the tin of coconut mixture out onto a chopping board and slice into 6 horizontal slices by 4 vertical. Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and keep in the freezer while you prep the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass or metal bowl over a pan of warm water – make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl and do not allow the water to boil or simmer – you may have to keep removing from the heat. This should take about 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate has almost melted, take the bowl off the heat and place on a tea towel to avoid slipping. Leave it to cool as much as possible without it hardening to give a thicker coating to the paradise bars – stir occasionally.
So much ease and so much taste. So why not give them a go. If you do, bring in some for me and Stuart to sample and we'll let you know how they stack up :)
*Recipe and photo used from blog.Partypieces.co.uk