Over the past few weeks, Ive had the pleasure of experiencing several versions of the Paleo Bounty Bar. And they have been amazing. Thank you to those that have been generous enough to share. Legends!
Next up for you all to try is these amazing Sweet Potato Brownies by Paleo OMG. These have been a firm favourite in the Spring household for quite some time.
Since the main ingredient is sweet potato (which sounds weird i know), its an awesome way to get in your carbs and becomes a great post workout snack to have with your protein shake.
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Celsius, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 175 degrees Celsius
- Now add your wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- Eat those b*tches, ensuring you save one and bring it in to the box.